BRAKE MASTER CYLINDER AND ACTUATOR
DISASSEMBLE BRAKE MASTER CYLINDER AND ACTUATOR
(TRACTOR OR SCRAPER)
remove master cylinder and actuator (tractor or
WARNING: Plate assembly (I) has spring tension.
Hold the plate assembly in position when band
assembly (5) is removed.
1. Remove the bolts and nuts to remove band assembly (5).
2. Remove plate assembly (1), diaphragm (2), rod assembly (3) and
indicator (7), retainer (4) and spring (8) from plate assembly
(6). Remove the seal from the inside of retainer (4).
3. Remove two nuts (9) and remove plate assembly (6).
4. Remove three screws (12), the nuts and lockwashers to remove
cylinder assembly (11) from bracket assembly (10).
5. Remove boot (13) from cylinder assembly (11).
6. Remove lockwire (19), plate (18), piston (20), cup (17), spring
(16), valve (15) and seat (14) from cylinder assembly (11).
NOTE: A master cylinder rebuild kit is available. The kit includes the
valve, seat, cup, piston assembly and lock. When the master
cylinder is disassembled for service, always install a repair kit.