WHEEL BRAKE DISCS, BRAKE HEAD ASSEMBLIES
REMOVE WHEEL BRAKE DISCS
assemblies, bearings and seals
1. Remove bolts (1).
2. Remove disc (2).
INSTALL WHEEL BRAKE DISCS
1. Put disc (1) in position on the wheel assembly.
2. Install the bolts that hold the disc to the wheel assembly
and tighten them to a torque of 195 20 Ib.ft. (265 25
install tractor or scraper wheel assemblies,
bearings and seals
REMOVE BRAKE HEAD ASSEMBLIES
remove rim and tire (tractor or scraper)
NOTE: The tractor brake head assembly is shown. The
scraper brake head assembly procedure is the same.
1. Remove the hydraulic jack used to lift the machine to
remove the tire. Install tooling (A) for safety.
2. Disconnect brake line (I) from-the brake head assembly.
3. Remove the bolts that hold the anchor pins in position. Pull
the anchor pins out of the head assembly .75 in. (19.05
NOTE: If necessary push the brake linings from the wheel disc
to remove the brake head assembly.
4. Install two 3/8"-16 NC forged eyebolts in the brake head
assembly and fasten a hoist as shown.