REMOVE BRAKE LININGS
remove rim and tire (tractor or scraper)
1. Remove the hydraulic jack used to lift the machine
to remove the tire.
2. Install tooling (A) for safety.
3. Loosen bolts (I) that hold the anchor pins in
4. Pull the anchor pins out of the head assembly .75
in. (19. 1 mm).
5. Open the bleed valves to release any pressure on
the brake pistons.
CAUTION: To prevent damage to pistons and seals, do not
make an application of the brakes x hen brake linings are
removed. The pistons must not move out of their bores as the
brake linings are removed. If the pistons and seals move out
of their bores, the brake head must be removed to install the
6. Remove the brake linings.
INSTALL BRAKE LININGS
1. Push the brake pistons into the brake. This gives clearance
for the new brake linings.
2. Install brake linings (1) in brake head assembly
3. Push anchor pins (3) into brake head assembly
4. Make sure there is .010 in. (0.25 mm) or more distance
between the anchor pins and wheel disc. Tighten bolts (2)
to hold the anchor pins.
5. Close the brake line bleed valves.
6. Remove (bleed) the air from the hydraulic brake system.
See AIR REMOVAL FROM BRAKES in TESTING AND
7. Remove tooling (A). Put the hydraulic jack into position
used to lift the machine for tire installation.
a) install rim and tire (tractor or scraper)