ENGINE, EXHAUST AND COOLING SYSTEM TROUBLESHOOTING PROCEDURES - CONTINUED
TEST OR INSPECTION
14. Low Oil Pressure.
Hot oil or metal parts can cause severe burns. Wear insulated gloves, long
sleeves and eye protection when working with heated parts. Failure to follow
this warning may cause injury.
Compressed air used for cleaning or drying purposes, or for clearing restric-
tions, should never exceed 30 psi (207 kPa). Use protective equipment and exer-
cise caution to avoid injury to personnel.
Check oil lines for cracks, splits,
1. Tighten loose fittings and connections.
leaks, damage and obstructions.
2. Replace oil lines that are cracked, split
3. Clear clogged or obstructed lines with
4. Go to Test 2.
Inspect oil filter for leaks or blockage.
2. If leaking continues, service oil filter
3. If oil filter is OK, go to Test 3.
Check for fuel in engine oil.
1. Drain engine lubricating oil, install new
oil filter and refill crankcase (WP 0035
2. Go to Test 4.
Substitute a known good gage for the
1. If oil pressure is normal, gage was at
2. If oil pressure is still low, go to Test 5.
Inspect lubrication oil pump.
Replace oil pump (WP 0267 00).