12. Make a temporary mark on the \fs20 vibration
damper ill relation to the pointer on the front
Do not use a hammer and punch to mark a
13. Turn the crankshaft in a clockwise direction
beyond the maximum indicator reading and
beyond .020 in. Now turn the crankshaft in a
counter clock indirection until the dial indicator
is .020 in.
14. Make a second temporary mark on the tion
damper in relation to the pointer. Now, make a
mark on the vibration damper that is one-half
the distance between the two temporary marks.
This mark is the point of most accuracy for top
center No. I piston.
15. Turn the crankshaft in a clock vise direction
approximately 45 degrees and then turn the
crankshaft in a counter clock wise direction to
the top center mark that was made in Step 14. If
needed, adjust the dial indicator as in Step 10.
16. Turn the crankshaft in a clockwise direction
approximately 45 degrees.
17. Put 7Ml999 Tube Assembly (9) on No. I injection
pump and tighten the nut. The free end of tube
assembly (9) must be in a position above
horizontal and higher than the end on the
18. Disconnect the fuel line at the fuel filter. Use an
adapter to connect 5J4634 Hose Assembly (X)
to the fuel line.
19. Disconnect the fuel return line from constant
bleed valve (I I). Put cap (12) on the constant
CONSTANT BLEED VALVE
11. Constant bleed valve. 12. Cap.
20. Put 1 gal. (4 liters) of clean fuel in the tank
assembly (10). Move the governor lever to full
FUEI.-ON position. Put 15 psi (105 kPa) of air
pressure in the tank. Use the hand pump or
NOTE: Solenoid must be activated (ignition switch
turned on) or solenoid must be removed before
governor lever can be moved to FUEL-ON position.
If shop air is used, make an adjustment to the
regulator so the air pressure in the tank is a
maximum of 15 psi (105 kPa).
21. Put pan (13) under the end of tube assembly (9)
for the fuel that comes out of the tube.
FUEL FLOW CHECK OF TIMING
8. 5J4634 Hose Assembly. 9. 7M1999 Tube Assembly.
10. Pressure Tank. 13. Pan.
1p540 Flow Checking Tool Group
8. 5j4634 Hose Assembly. 9. 7M1999 Tube Assembly
10. Tank Assembly