DIFFERENTIAL AND CARRIER ASSEMBLY (LOCK TYPE)
20. Install two 5/8"-16 NC x 6 in. (15.2 cm) long
guide bolts in carrier assembly (25).
21. Put the shims of equal thickness to the original
shims in position on the carrier assembly.
22. Put the O-ring seal on the bottom of housing
(19). Fasten a hoist to the housing (18) and put it
in position in carrier assembly (25). Install two of
the bolts that hold the housing in position.
23. Use tool group (B) and install the lip type seal in
retainer (26) with the lip of the seal toward the
inside of the retainer as shown.
24. Install the gasket and retainer (26) on the pinion
25. Fasten a hoist to the differential group and put it
in position in carrier assembly (25).
CAUTION: Make sure the threads in the bearing caps
and carrier assembly (25) are in alignment before the
bolts are tightened.
26. Install bearing cap (27), the bearing cup and the
27. Install bearing cap (30), bearing cup (29) and
adjustment nut (28).