DIFFERENTIAL AND CARRIER ASSEMBLY (LOCK TYPE)
14. Fasten a hoist to the differential and carrier as-
sembly and turn it over on stand (A) with the
bevel gear up.
15. Disconnect hose assembly (13) from the carrier
16. Bend the tabs of the locks from two bolts (14).
Remove two bolts (14) and install two 3/8"-16
NC forged eyebolts in lock group (15).
17. Remove the lockwire from four bolts (16) that
hold lock group (15) to the carrier assembly.
18. Fasten a hoist to lock group (15) loosen bolts (16)
and remove the lock group from the carrier as-
sembly. Weight of the lock group is 60 lb. (27
19. Remove the eyebolts from the lock group.
20. Disassemble the lock group as follows:
a) Remove the lockwire and bolt that holds clip
(20) to the lock group. Disconnect hose as-
sembly (13) from the lock group.
b) Bend the tabs of the locks from bolts ( 17) and
remove the bolts and locks. Remove housing
assembly (18) from cylinder (19).
c) Remove springs (21) from piston (22).