DIFFERENTIAL AND CARRIER ASSEMBLY (LOCK TYPE)
d) Remove ring (23) that holds the jaw in cylin-
der (19). Remove spacer (24) and the
e) Remove jaw (25) and the washer from cylin-
f) Use a press and tool (E) to remove the piston
from cylinder (19). Remove the seals from
21. Remove the lockwire from bolts (26) and (28).
22. Remove bolts (26), locks (27) and bolts (28)
from each side of the carrier assembly.
23. Put identification marks on the two bearing caps
(29) for assembly purposes. Remove the bearing
caps from the carrier assembly.
24. Put a bar through the differential group. Fasten a
hoist and remove the differential group from the
carrier assembly. Weight of the differential
group is 115 lb. (52 kg).
25. Remove bearing cup (30) and nut (31).