ELEVATOR SPEED REDUCER
8. Remove O-ring seal (8) from shaft (7). Check the condition of
the seal. If the seal has damage, use a new part for
9. Remove snap ring (9) with tool (A). Remove bearing (10) from
10. Bend the locks back and remove eight bolts (11) and four lock
plates (13). Remove the four plates and gear (12).
11. Remove O-ring seal (15). Remove bearing (14) and the lip
type seal under the bearing. Check the condition of the seal.
If the seal has damage, use a new part for replacement.
12. Remove two roller bearings (17). Install two 3/8"-16 NC forged
eyebolts in cage (16). Fasten a hoist and remove the cage.
13. Bend the locks back and remove bolts (18). Re- move plates (19)
and the shims.
14. Remove shafts (20) and the balls in bottom of the shafts. Remove
gears (21) and the two bearings in the center of the gears.