FUEL INJECTION LINES AND AIR INLET MANIFOLD
7. Loosen bolt (I ). Remove the five bolts (10) and one nut and
remove air inlet manifold (9).
8. Disconnect return line (12) from the fuel injection pump housing
and junction block to remove it from the engine.
9. Put tape over the openings in the cylinder heads to keep dirt
and foreign materials out of the engine.
INSTALL FUEL INJECTION LINES AND AIR INLET MANIFOLD
1. Remove the plugs and caps from the fuel lines.
2. Put return line ( I ) in position and connect it to the fuel injection
pump housing and the junction block.
3. Remove the tape from the openings in the cylinder heads.
4. Put air inlet manifold (3) and gaskets (2) in posi-tion on the
engine and install the bolts and one nut that hold it in place.
NOTE: If the adapters in the air inlet manifold were removed, put
8H4137 Sealer on the threads of the adapters and tighten them to
a torque of 9 + 3 lb.ft. ( 12 + 4 N.m).
5. Tighten the bolts (6) and (7) to a torque of 15 + 5 lb.ft. (20 + 7
N.m) then tighten the bolts and one nut in number sequence
shown to a torque of 32 + 5 Ib.ft. (43 + 7 N.m). Remove bolt
(10) to install the fuel line bracket.